NLPRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLPRS

Northern Lights Paranormal Research Society is headquartered in Marinette County, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to seeking out the truth in all things. Our mission is simple: to discover the truth, no matter where it may lie.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MUFON case 74386

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

MUFON case 74386 Empty
PostSubject: MUFON case 74386   MUFON case 74386 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 09:38

UFO EVENT INFORMATION:
======================
Date: 2016-02-06 18:45:00
Date Precision: exact
Time of Event (Local Time):
Timezone GMT Offset: -0600
Timezone Name: America/Chicago
Time Precision: approximate
Duration of Event:
City (Nearest): Camp lake
State: Wisconsin
County: Kenosha

Short Description of UFO Event: {nd} over flew my car at low alltitude with no noise at high rate of speed.

Detailed Description of the UFO Event:
I was driving to meet friends . I had to stop at a stop sign directly in front of my destination. It was dark outside no stars were visible. I saw a bright circle fly over the road and building in front of me. ( low to ground ) . I would estimate it was about 100 feet off of the ground. the circle was a perfect circle, the light had clear edge's with no blurring or fading like a normal light. it seemed to be lit from within and had the appearance of parchment paper lite from behind by a very bright light. This object was large ( small plane size ) this was not a Chinese lantern as it was traveling way to fast and I have seen lanterns many times in the past. the way the object traveled was very smooth and straight.it was traveling about twice the speed of a small plane. There was no sound to the object and it seemed to blink out, or turn off after it went over the building in front of me. the object left no tail / trail as it went by me.
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

MUFON case 74386 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUFON case 74386   MUFON case 74386 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 11:21

I emailed the witness a letter of introduction on the morning of April 6 2016. In examining the information provided on the MUFON website, I noticed that there was no location for the event besides being near Camp Lake; as such, I sent a follow-up letter to the witness to see what road he was on, which direction he was traveling, the cross road at the intersection mentioned, and the direction of travel for the object. Such information would be used to establish a location, allowing for a map to be generated, so that we can gain a better understanding of what occurred.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

MUFON case 74386 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUFON case 74386   MUFON case 74386 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13 2016, 09:05

Received a follow-up last night (Tuesday April 13) from the witness; with this information, I can generate a map of the area, and plot some sort of trajectory or flight path of the object.  This will give me a better picture of what occurred, to which I can then try to see if there were any events in the area that might correlate with this sighting.

Quote :
Camp lake wi. only has one major intersection. I was heading west .  I think the road is called ( jb ) I was located directly in from of Kick stand bar and grill. If you look up kick stand on face book it will show the bar and the intersection I was at.

{EDIT: Inserting map of the area}

MUFON case 74386 7438611
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

MUFON case 74386 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUFON case 74386   MUFON case 74386 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14 2016, 17:00

FINAL REPORT DATE: April 14 2016

FIELD INVESTIGATOR ID NUMBER: 22995

CASE NUMBER: 74386

BGE RESULTS: Total Certainty Index is at 4.79% / value of 0.0479

LATITUDE / LONGITUDE: 42.535134, -88.143775

SYNOPSIS: “Object flew over my car at low altitude with no noise at high rate of speed.”

OBJECT DESCRIPTION: Glowing circular object estimated at 20’ (+/- 10’) in diameter moved towards the west on a level path at treetop level

WITNESS INTERVIEW / STATEMENTS: Contact with the witness initiated on April 6 2016 via email, with a follow-up on April 13; witness responded on that date.  The witness provided additional detail as to his location at the time of the event as well as the movement of the object (as described above).  Please see additional information below regarding location.

NATURAL PHENOMENA OR MAN MADE: At the time of this writing, I have been unable to find any corresponding activity or action which would describe this as being man made.  It should be noted that there are six airports within a ten mile radius of the sighting’s location (three within six miles), with two airports being within a direct path of each other: Winfield and Lake Geneva Aire Estates.  However, this path is roughly 1400 feet from the events location, and the event’s location is too far away from either airport to justify such a low altitude; in addition, it appears that Winfield is a seasonal airfield, and as such, would not be operational at this time.

There is one natural phenomena which may tie into this event: on the date of the report, there were two reports submitted to the American Meteor Society of a fireball traversing the sky within the early evening hours, however, it is the understanding of the investigator that such an object would not be able to be seen at these distances, considering the trajectory.  It could be that there were separate objects within this meteor sighting, but that is simply conjecture.

As such, this investigator would have to consider this as being unexplained at this time.

SOURCES: http://www.amsmeteors.org/members/imo_view/event/2016/492
https://www.google.com/maps
https://www.wunderground.com/history/

WEATHER INFORMATION: 30*F, windchill at 25*F, dew point at 24*F; 79% humidity, barometric pressure at 30.14”; winds were SSW at 4.6MPH, with clear skies and a visibility of 10 miles

LOCATION:  Witness was stopped on Camp Lake Road, heading west, at the T intersection with 276th Avenue. Along the objects flight path there is a cluster of trees to the north of the intersection, with a series of buildings and another tree cluster to the north north west (of the witness).  Winfield Airport is approximately six miles to the west of this location, but as previously stated, should be removed from consideration.

A map of the area has been attached to this report, indicating relative locations of the witness / object, and directions of movement.

EVIDENCE:  There is no evidence, physical, photographic, or otherwise, related to this event.

WITNESS CREDIBILITY: The witness seems direct and to the point; he did not venture to give opinions or beliefs. Educational background indicates there is some college level experience, with his occupation being self described as executive.

CORRELATING CASES: There are no correlating cases of this nature at this time.

CONCLUSION:  While the object itself is unknown or unexplained, this investigator believes that it may be related to the meteor(s) seen in both southern Michigan and northern Illinois on this date.  Not only does the date match, but the times seem to correspond as well, all being within an hour of each other (even considering the difference in time zones).  The appearance of the object, the trajectory, and behavior all seem to match as well; as reported on the American Meteor Society website, those objects had no glow or visible tail.  However, it should be noted that this would give, at a minimum, about a 70 mile spread if this were in fact meteors from a common source, and that the witness described the object as being around 20’ in diameter.

As such, though I want to say that this, in all likelihood, is related to the meteor as described on the AMS website, I will err on the side of caution and call this unknown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MUFON case 74386 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUFON case 74386   MUFON case 74386 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUFON case 74386
Page 1 of 1