NLPRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLPRS

Northern Lights Paranormal Research Society is headquartered in Marinette County, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to seeking out the truth in all things. Our mission is simple: to discover the truth, no matter where it may lie.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MUFON case 73769

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

MUFON case 73769 Empty
PostSubject: MUFON case 73769   MUFON case 73769 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 08:57

UFO EVENT INFORMATION:
======================
Date: 2016-01-10 00:00:00
Date Precision: exact
Time of Event (Local Time):
Timezone GMT Offset: -0600
Timezone Name: America/Chicago
Time Precision: approximate
Duration of Event:
City (Nearest): Delavan
State: Wisconsin
County: Walworth

Short Description of UFO Event: {cak} Saw a orb or something

Detailed Description of the UFO Event:
I was watching tv, when i looked outside, i saw what i thought was a star but i realized it was way too low and bright. I recorded 17 seconds on my phone and i looked at it through binoculars, i didn't see a solid shape, but it was bright than it would almost it faded out. After bout 5 to 10 mins i started to watch tv again when i looked up a couple minutes later it was gone. Ive tried to attach my recording to your website. When i click attach files it lets me choose video recording but it wouldn't let me view my videos
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

MUFON case 73769 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUFON case 73769   MUFON case 73769 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06 2016, 11:36

Using information from the detailed report on the MUFON website, I was able to bring up the map as seen below; I purposefully moved the map centering so that the exact address cannot by seen.

The location in question is along the north shore of Delavan Lake.  It is unknown at this time which direction the object was seen.

With no known email address, I will be sending a letter of introduction and a copy of MUFON's General Sighting Report through the postal service, to be sent out tomorrow (April 7 2016).

MUFON case 73769 7376910

{edited to include map image}
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

MUFON case 73769 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUFON case 73769   MUFON case 73769 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27 2016, 16:28

FINAL REPORT DATE: 2016APR27

Field Investigator ID Number: Badge number 22995

Case Number: 73769

BGE Results: Total Certainty Index is at 2.96%

Latitude / Longitude: 42.620295, -88.610267

Synopsis: As written by the witness, “I was watching tv, when i looked outside, i saw what i thought was a star but i realized it was way too low and bright. I recorded 17 seconds on my phone and i looked at it through binoculars, i didn't see a solid shape, but it was bright than it would almost it faded out. After bout 5 to 10 mins i started to watch tv again when i looked up a couple minutes later it was gone. Ive tried to attach my recording to your website. When i click attach files it lets me choose video recording but it wouldn't let me view my videos”.

Object Description: Glowing star-like object, with the apparent size of a golf ball (though the witness also describes it as being four to ten feet in size), seen to hover at under 500 feet.

Witness Interview / Statements: After a couple attempts, this investigator was unsuccessful in establishing contact with the witness.

Natural Phenomenon or Man Made: Based on the witness’s description, the object appears to be a manmade or constructed device, and while it does exhibit some natural phenomena, there were no events or visually related occurrences within the target area.

Sources: Google Maps, internet search engines

Weather Information: temperature was 18*F, with a dew point of 14*F and a humidity of 77%; barometric pressure was at 30.265, with winds from the north-northwest at 19.6mphs (gusting at 26.5). The skies were overcast, no precipitation; visibility was at 10 miles. Information acquired from the wunderground weather archives.

Location: This is lakefront property (subdivision), flat terrain and an open field to the north.

Evidence / Investigation: The witness attempted to upload a video taken with his phone, but was unsuccessful.

Witness Credibility: The witness did not provide enough information to form an educated opinion, with only a high school education being indicated.

Correlating Cases: No correlating cases were found at this time

Conclusions: There is very little in the information provided to base an investigation. All that can really be ascertained is that the object would most likely have been seen over Delavan Lake (being southeast of the witness’s location). Additionally, the witness states that the object did not appear to be solid, but rather as a bright glow or light; I should note that any light, if bright enough, will obscure whatever object is behind it. My initial thought is that this could be an ice fisherman utilizing a spot light, and that would fit the description provided as well as suiting the environmental conditions at that time, but my experiences with that activity are very limited, with my opinion being based solely on assumption (also assuming that the witness was wrong about elevation).

All told, there is not enough information to form a solid opinion regarding this case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MUFON case 73769 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUFON case 73769   MUFON case 73769 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUFON case 73769
Page 1 of 1