NLPRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLPRS

Northern Lights Paranormal Research Society is headquartered in Marinette County, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to seeking out the truth in all things. Our mission is simple: to discover the truth, no matter where it may lie.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Library

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

My Library Empty
PostSubject: My Library   My Library I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16 2014, 17:32

Knowledge is an essential part of any investigation.  It is important to collect as much information as you can from witnesses prior to doing any field work so the investigator has a better picture and understanding of what he may encounter.  It's also equally important to try to get a history of the area, in the event that this may be a repeat occurrence, or if there was ever any prior investigations or a natural cause determined.

As a side, there is a treasure trove of knowledge right at our fingertips.  The internet is a great source of information, and can quickly and efficiently aide the investigator if he knows how to use it properly.  This can be best summed up by saying one shouldn't trust sites that repeat the same information, word for word.  One needs to find collaborating information, not mirrored posts.

But, in this digital age of ours, an often overlooked source of information can readily be found at the library.  Books can provide a history of the area as well as provide research material to further an investigation, and might be able to collaborate something found online.

I've often turned to my books to find something more that I couldn't find online.  It seems that, even though the internet is modern and constantly being updated, there are some things that just aren't on that source.  The same can be said in reverse, about how books may not necessarily have all that the internet has to offer.  I'm not favoring one over the other, I'm just a proponent of using all available assets.

With that said, allow me then to list what relevant books I have along this subject matter.  Keep in mind that this list does not include that various paperback books collection UFO reports, the numerous Zachariah Stichlin books, ancient astronauts books, Atlantis books, and so on that I have in my possession.  Nor does it cover all the various bibles I have (King James, Satanic, Mormon, at cetera), books on Hinduism, or the Necronomican series of books... of which I have a lot.  I am also constantly adding to this; I usually keep an eye out for books whenever I'm at thrift stores, new or used book stores, rummage sales, whatever.

I'm making this list because, in a sense, this is part of who I am, and could be considered part of our tools or equipment used. I've been meaning to put this up for a while; this is just the first time I've actually went ahead and wrote everything down.

• The New A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator Llewellyn George
  • Complete Handbook of Astrology Tormont
  • Astrology for Beginners Hewitt
  • The Only Way To Learn Astrology, Vol 2, "Math and Interpretation Techniques" March and McEvers
  • Encyclopedia of Superstitions Webster
  • Mysteries of the Unexplained Reader's Digest
  • Ultimate Encyclopedia of Mythical Creatures
  • I Ching
  • Library of Curious and Unusual Facts
    - Forces of Nature
    - Vanishings
  • Too Good Top Be True - Colossal Book of Urban Legends Brunvand
  • Encyclopedia of Urban Legends Jan Harold Brunvand
  • Ascension Magick, Ritual, Myth & Healing for the New Aeon Penczak
  • Animal Speak, the Spiritual and magical Powers of Creatures Great and Small Ted Andrews
  • Into the Unknown Reader's Digest

• Vampires, the Occult Truth Konstantinos
  • 10,000 Dreams Interpreted Miller
  • What Your Dreams Can Teach You Lukeman
  • Mysteries of the Unknown Time Life
    - Mystic Places
    - Hauntings
    - Psychic Voyages
    - Phantom Encounters
    - Ancient Wisdom and Secret Sects
    - Spirit Summonings
    - Mind Over Matter
    - Visions and Prophecies
  • Man, Myth & Magic (this is an encyclopedia set, 24 volumes)
  • Prophet's Dictionary
  • How to Read Palms
  • The Definitive Book of Handwriting Analysis
  • Zolar's Encyclopedia of Ancient and Forbidden Knowledge
  • Haunted Heartland
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

My Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Library   My Library I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09 2014, 12:08

Newest addition: Dowsing for Beginners, by Richard Webster.

The title is a bit confusing. What sort of measurement is used to define a beginner, and why would you go dowsing for one?
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

My Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Library   My Library I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 11:36

I've picked up a few more books since the last post. I don't even know what I have purchased that I may have forgotten. As a quick update, here are the titles of that which I do remember.

Field Guide to Lucid Dreaming - Tuccillo, Zeizel, and Peisel
Oriental Mythology - Campbell
Vampires - Encounters with the Undead - Skal
Complete Book of Ghosts - Roland
Hauntings - True Stories of Unquiet Spirits - Roland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Library Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Library   My Library I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Library