NLPRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLPRS

Northern Lights Paranormal Research Society is headquartered in Marinette County, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to seeking out the truth in all things. Our mission is simple: to discover the truth, no matter where it may lie.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advertising

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Advertising   Advertising I_icon_minitimeThu May 02 2013, 15:53

This thread was originally entitled "We have you covered", and was solely about our shirts.  As can be seen within this post and the next, that idea has come and gone; we've gone a more economic route (Wal*Mart iron-ons spelling NLPRS) in either green or black lettering, depending on the shirt color.  Instead of deleting this thread, I have decided to rename it and give it a new focus: advertising.

From here on out, I'll be posting items that we'll be using to help advertise our organization.  If everything works right, not only will the post contain an image of the item, but there should be an attached file that can be both downloadable and printable, should anyone desire to help spread our name.

A small note: should you wish to post any flyers or brochures, please make sure you follow the guidelines of, or receive permission from, whatever entity you are placing these by.  Thanks much!

Introducing the official shirt of NLPRS!

Okay, not really.  I just ordered a shirt to see what it would look like.  The style isn't quite what I like (I prefer collars), and the font isn't exactly what I was looking for, but the colors are right.  AND, by golly, it's a start!  If anything, it's enough to peak someone's interest.

I should probably add that the logo on back does look "off".  I added a note for their graphics staff to have them center the wording on the upper half of the back, so hopefully they listened.  This should be arriving by (no later than) May 14.

Advertising Nlprs110

Last edited by soothsayer on Thu Mar 27 2014, 14:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17 2013, 09:21

As our members already know, we won't be doing the t-shirts thing. Maybe in the future, sure, but just not at this moment; with my saving money to buy equipment and in the creation of a fund for future investigations, it just isn't feasible or cost effective. This doesn't mean I wouldn't be partial to running to Wal*Mart and picking up some green iron-ons for $5 and affixing NLPRS on the back of a shirt, it just means I'm not ready to spend the $25 per shirt (on a shirt by shirt basis).

I do have a pack of green iron-on letters from Wal*Mart. I believe there were two sets of letters per back, but chances are there will be some letters that have more than just two. I'll open up the pack tonight, see what's what, and get back to you on this. I know Steven's been on me to toss one together for him...

With that said, and from what I told members last night, right now I am leaning towards an ID badge system: organization's name, member's name, title, active date, and organization logo. I have all the supplies needed to do this, and it still keeps a central team feel. When I finalize what this would look like, I'll post an image here.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27 2014, 14:14

Car magnet

Some of you may have noticed that we have a new banner atop our page. If you haven't noticed, or are new to this site, take a moment to visit our Facebook page to see what the original looked like. Okay, maybe not the original, that one was different shades of blue and purple... but rather, oh never mind.

Anyway, the new banner is actually a zoomed in image of our car door magnet. This is the large magnet, as produced by VistaPrint, measuring at 17.58" by 11.48.

What I like about this particular image is that it appears aged, older. It doesn't have a crisp / new appearance, nor does it seem gimmicky. "Classic" would probably be the word used to describe it, but I'm almost hesitant to say that.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27 2014, 14:25

shop window flyer

Until I can think of something else, the image located within this post is being used (or will be used) at stores or other locations that allow people to post flyers or displays.  The original measures at 10" by 8.5", but can be re-sized to suit whatever needs... although I would not recommend printing it on anything larger than a standard sheet of letter sized paper.

The picture may not be "in your face" with bright colors or flashy images, but that is not its intent.  Rather, it is made to draw in the individual.  The word paranormal is central to the image, that is what people will first see.  If they are interested, they'll read the rest of the text located on the picture itself.

If they are still interested, then they'll read the caption.  Those are going to be the ones that will contact us, or come to our sites.

Note: if you print this image, you may have to trim the border or margins.  Also note that the image posted will appear different than the one printed.  For starters, the caption will be clearer. Also, and I cannot stress this enough, if you are in doubt as to whether or not this can be put on display at a particular store, please ask.

Advertising Flyer10
Attachments
Advertising Attachmentflyer.jpeg
(386 Kb) Downloaded 444 times
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 12:08

business card

Put together a business card.  I have an image of the card below, along with an attached file that'll print off eight of them.  I would really appreciate opinions on the card; there may be a fault or issue that I cannot see.

If any of the team members would like, I can easily set something up so that their name and contact information appears on the back, or by all means you can do so yourself if you prefer. Additionally, anyone is free to print these up and leave them wherever they place the flyer or places where placing business cards is an accepted thing.

Advertising Card_a10
Attachments
Advertising Attachmentcard placement.doc
(1.8 Mb) Downloaded 401 times
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 17:09

Time to move into the modern era... a link to our forum.

Advertising Qrcode10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advertising
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NLPRS :: ABOUT :: Information about NLPRS-
Jump to: