NLPRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLPRS

Northern Lights Paranormal Research Society is headquartered in Marinette County, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to seeking out the truth in all things. Our mission is simple: to discover the truth, no matter where it may lie.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IV DVR Car Dash Camera, generic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

IV DVR Car Dash Camera, generic Empty
PostSubject: IV DVR Car Dash Camera, generic   IV DVR Car Dash Camera, generic I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 14:44

What can I say about this?  It's a dashboard camera for your car with a low end IR (infrared) feature.  I'm certain the range is poor, considering the price of the unit.  I'm certain the quality of the images are poor, again considering the price of the unit.

So why did I get one?  Testing purposes only.  I wanted to see how this would fair, being low end, so that I could then base any future decision on ordering something a bit more practical.  This isn't saying that this product was a waste of money, as I can find some use for it, and it does do IR recording, although from what I have seen on youtube the range isn't what I would typically want.

Anyway, what this type of IR allows us to do (there are two types of IR equipment) is pretty much see in the dark.  The LEDs emit an infrared light, and the camera records the IR that is being reflected back.  The second type of IR is also known as FLIR, and that's the kind that is associated with thermal heat; these are pricey, real pricey.  With the LED IR system, the costs are reduced, but rely on reflected IR light.

There are some paranormal groups out there that use this type of camera (maybe not this brand, but LED IR) for ghost hunting.  Personally, I cannot see how this would work, as it is dependent on reflect IR light.  It doesn't register temperature changes, it doesn't detect energy patterns, it only reflects the light emitted by the LEDs.  This would not be able to register an incorporeal being as there is nothing to reflect... unless, of course, the being should manifest itself and allowing the light to reflect.  Ghost hunters would probably benefit more from using the FLIR as that camera system records the temperature (or energy) being emitted from whatever is being filmed.

So why did I get this?  Again, mainly to test.  I want to see how effective it is in the field while performing an investigation.  If it works good in a forested area, or a darkened house, great!  We can at least use it for night-time investigations (or I can even use it for my day job).

IV DVR Car Dash Camera, generic 41ar7f10

Product type: HD Color IR DVR Road Recorder.
Support SD/MMC Card: Up to 32 GB(not include)
Visual Angle:120 degree wide-angle
LCD: 2.5" TFT Display
Photo Format: JPEG Continuous
Recoding Time: about 3 hours
Sensor:3 million pixel CMOS sensor
Image Resolution:VGA 640 x 480
Operating System:Windows 2000/me/xp/2003/Vista, Macos, Linux
Battery Capacity: 1000 mAh Charging
Time: about 4 hours
Storage Consumption: VGA Format 1GB/about 35min
Video Format: AVI
Interface:USB 2.0