NLPRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLPRS

Northern Lights Paranormal Research Society is headquartered in Marinette County, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to seeking out the truth in all things. Our mission is simple: to discover the truth, no matter where it may lie.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Acceptance or Timing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Acceptance or Timing Empty
PostSubject: Acceptance or Timing   Acceptance or Timing I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07 2013, 10:23

Do repeat visits to a site create an atmosphere where more paranormal activity can be discovered, or is it simply a matter of timing and luck?

Essentially what I am asking is, if you repeatedly visit a site, would the entities there become more familiar with you, and thus more willing to interact with you?  If we look at nature as an example, we find that many researchers follow that methodology, and that they are able to get closer to the pack (or herd) because they have become familiar to the animals.

Yes, I know that there are those that say ghosts are not animals, that they are deceased human beings, and for the most part that's true.  What I am trying to lead up to is that living people are essentially invading their home or their sanctuary; if we go into an area understanding that, we we take the time to gradually introduce ourselves, to make ourselves known without being obtrusive, if we go in with a friendly and respectful manner, chances are good that we may get more results.

For example, we've all heard stories where the longer a family stays in a haunted house, the more frequent paranormal activities will occur.  The same can be said with NLPRS' experiences at McClintock: we've gone from having nothing to seeing an image of a person peering at us from outside a window, then a door closing (and now, as of yesterday, tapping noises).

But does this truly mean that the entities are becoming more comfortable around us, or does it mean that, because our stays have also been increasing, that the likelihood of us finding something has increased? Or is it something more simple, that this is all mere coincidence, and that any evidence collected has been done so because of being in the right place at the right time?
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com
VaderXanth

VaderXanth

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance or Timing   Acceptance or Timing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08 2013, 03:08

Am I to assume that on Saturday you went back to McClintock? Question

Last edited by VaderXanth on Tue Oct 08 2013, 03:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sunday to Saturday)
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance or Timing   Acceptance or Timing I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08 2013, 08:21

Sunday. It was actually pretty busy there, more-so than the other visits there. Granted, it was a nice day, but we intentionally went during the Packer game thinking that there would be less people there.
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acceptance or Timing   Acceptance or Timing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Acceptance or Timing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NLPRS :: EXTRAS :: General Discussion-
Jump to: