NLPRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLPRS

Northern Lights Paranormal Research Society is headquartered in Marinette County, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to seeking out the truth in all things. Our mission is simple: to discover the truth, no matter where it may lie.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tents for any occasion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Tents for any occasion Empty
PostSubject: Tents for any occasion   Tents for any occasion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 11:58

Over the years I've acquired a few different tents.  As is the case when you have a teenager living with you, one who thinks everything you own is actually his, I've also lost a couple.  This past year I've acquired a few more to not only replace those that have been... umm... misplaced, but to provide ample enough shelter under any circumstance.

I've tents for the individual adult, a couple of adults, a group of adults, and a tent for a child.  As always, I have no problem with borrowing out any piece of equipment I have to friends or family.

The camping aspect of having a tent is self-explanatory. Having several is even more so, especially if you have kids. For NLPRS, I've learned that getting a campsite, even if you have to reserve one, is a lot cheaper than renting a room. And, with the first tent I'm going to post, who needs a room...
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Tents for any occasion   Tents for any occasion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 12:06

Ozark Trail 3-Room 10 Person Tent, 20x11

Tents for any occasion Maxres10

Overkill?  A bit much for our needs?  I tell you no!

This tent can be assembled as one large room, or as three rooms (has dividers).  This is so very ideal for NLPRS: separate rooms for males / females / children, or as is the case with our Devils Lake trip, one for me, one for Steven, and the center as our office.

Yes, an office.  With a room set up on each end, the center space, complete with windows and screen doors, makes an ideal office area.  Or storage, I suppose.

The tent stands 6'5" at the center, which is great for me (I'm 6'5").  Each room can hold a queen sized matress with plenty of space to walk around.  Here, instead of me typing everything, I'll just post the specs (as seen on Walmart's website).

Quote :
Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room Cabin Tent w/ Front Porch:
78" center height, 184 sq ft usable surface
3-room tent fits 3 queen air mattresses
Fits up to 10 people
Front canopy provides protected entrance
Includes rugged zippered carry bag
Features removable dividers and 7 zip windows
Mesh roof for ventilation
Built-in front mud mat helps keep interior clean and provides weather protection
Canopy zips down for privacy

Everything I've read about this tent states that it is a great tent to own.  There have been some occurrences of rain coming in at the corner(s), but the amount isn't much, and that some application of a tent sealant fixes it with no further issues.
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Tents for any occasion   Tents for any occasion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 12:31

Ozark Trail 4 Person Dome Tent

Then there's this.  A little smaller than the above mentioned tent.

Tents for any occasion 00897410

It says it holds four people, and I'm sure it does, but really... who wants to sleep that close together?  Married or significant other, sure, but to have two others pressed against you?  Sometimes that might be too close.  I'd recommend two, tops.  That way, you have enough room for an air mattress and some belongings. Oh, the tent's dimensions are 9' by 7' by 4'. Not too bad.

Quote :
Ozark Trail 4-Person Dome Tent:
Large rain fly
Separate welcome mat
Sleeps 4
4 windows
Easy to set up with 1 or 2 people
Extra stakes and guy ropes included
Height: 4'
Weight: 7.9 lbs
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Tents for any occasion   Tents for any occasion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 12:38

Ozark Trail 2 Person Dome Tent
... or the "Junior Dome Tent"

Tents for any occasion 00727010

Note that the one I have is red.

Not really a two person tent.  Okay, maybe two normal sized people, but for myself I had to sleep in it diagonally, corner to corner.  Enough room for one, enough room to sit in, but that's it.  Easy to set up by yourself.

Quote :
Easy and quick Set-up
Size: 6'X5'X36"
Rain fly to help keep moisture out
Front zippered door with window
Includes carry bag
Sleeps 2
Back to top Go down
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

PostSubject: Re: Tents for any occasion   Tents for any occasion I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 12:44

Ozark Trail Kid's Tent

Tents for any occasion Medium10

This tent is small. SMALL. I can't any specs on it, but if memory serves, it's about 5' square. This was for the youngest child, and the tent posted above was mine, but now he has taken the 2 Person and I the 4 Person. Makes more sense.

Anyway, we will never be using this tent again, not unless someone brings a small child to a field investigation; I doubt that'll ever happen. This tent is up for grabs if anyone wants it. Perfect for the backyard or in the living room!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tents for any occasion   Tents for any occasion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tents for any occasion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NLPRS :: ABOUT :: Equipment :: Miscellaneous Gear-
Jump to: