NLPRS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NLPRS

Northern Lights Paranormal Research Society is headquartered in Marinette County, Wisconsin, and is dedicated to seeking out the truth in all things. Our mission is simple: to discover the truth, no matter where it may lie.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tripods, various

Go down 
AuthorMessage
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Tripods, various Empty
PostSubject: Tripods, various   Tripods, various I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 15:34

originally posted July 5 2013

Thanks to an unofficial member of the team (unofficial in that he hasn't confirmed his interest in joining yet), I have acquired a Ravelli APLT4 Lite Travel Series Tripod; it should be arriving sometime this coming (mid) week.  This will be used as a base to mount the microphone and camcorder to.  The reason I went with this model is simply because I liked the way it looks, as I am already envisioning it painted up in a black and green design.

The plan is to also affix a compass to the tripod.  One leg will have a cosmetic change so that that leg will be the one orientated north.  A round degree chart will also be attached to the tripod.  This way, when panning the equipment, we can have a bit more accurate system in recording and relaying information.  Saying "I picked up a reading at roughly 37 degrees" is more reliable and verifiable than saying "I picked up a reading someplace over there".

When we have two (preferably three) bases set-up, this will also allow us to triangulate in a more professional manner.

The tripod can go from 24" up to 61.5" in height, and can support eight pounds of equipment.

Tripods, various Tripod10

{EDIT}
Nice tripod, love the way it looks.  Quick to set up, the bubble levels are perfect!  I've purchased a circular protractor for the tripod, as mentioned above.  With a compass, I will determine magnetic north and have the forward leg pointed in that direction; I willo then slip the protractor over the top of the tripod with zero degrees at that leg's center point.

The protractor was purchased at OfficeMax, and is rather nice.  Allows you to draw differing circles and spirals.  I removed the inner wheel, and use the outside ring for the degrees with the tripod.

Tripods, various 736f6410
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com
soothsayer
Admin
soothsayer

Tripods, various Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tripods, various   Tripods, various I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 15:35

Xit Professional 60" tripod

Tripods, various Mqpr-m10

Most paranormal groups utilize a DVR security system in their investigations.  Not me.  With the DVR systems, you tend to be limited as to where you can place the cameras (as far as the cord to the DVR unit allows, on a suitable flat surface such as a table).  Although this may be a good thing in that you can view the feed while it is happening, there is another option that I have stumbled upon and think works a lot better: the Coomatec C808 security camera (see an earlier review of mine on this thread).  The only limit that this camera has (other than distance from a power supply...  but I'm fixing that) is that, just like a 'normal' dvr security camera, this would need to be mounted or set on a suitable flat surface.

I ordered five tripods to act as stands for these security cameras, tripods with universal mounts.  Set them up wherever, without worry!

Unlike the other tripod I had ordered (the Ravelli APLT4), these tripods are a bit cheaper in cost and features.  I much rather prefer the Ravelli... that's a nice solid tripod, with thicker legs and sturdier construction, but it really isn't needed, not when the device being applied to it weighs only 1.3 pounds.

{EDIT}

The company that I had ordered these from kind of screwed up.  I had ordered five tripods and received one yesterday.  I chalked this up to the postal system, believing that the others would arrive today or tomorrow.  I contacted the company and told them about this, in case anything were to happen (it was all under one tracking number).

Well, it seems that they actually only sent me out one tripod (although I was billed for five).  They apologized for the error, and sent out five more, saying I could keep the other due to their discrepancy.  Even better, they're sending them UPS, so I should get them a lot sooner.

That is some amazing customer service right there!
Back to top Go down
https://nlprs.forumotion.com

Tripods, various
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NLPRS :: ABOUT :: Equipment :: Miscellaneous Gear-
Jump to: